This page is to help all of you who have questions or need help on computer and WordPress stuff. (Ex.How do I upload pics into my posts? How do I add a Mixpod into my blog? How do I “install” a Gravatar? How do I take Screenshots?) Oh, and have you noticed? I started actually capatilizing my words, sentences, and phrases, I just like how it looks more proper.
How to take a CLEAR screenshot
- Go to where you want to take a pic(virtual world, page)
2. Hold down ctrl + print screen(on a comp) on a laptop: fn + prt sc
3. Open Paint
4. Go to Edit, then click Paste
5. You should see your picture.
6. Now click the little outlined rectangle[under Edit] and drag it over the section of the picture you want
7. Now right click on the selected area and click Crop
8. Your picture should have been moved to the upper-left corner and surrounded by gray area, that’s good
9. Now go to File>Save as and make sure to save it as .PNG
10. Now you can use/upload it anywhere you want
NOTE: If your computer is running on Windows 7, you can save yourself the hassle and just use the snipping tool. It also automatically saves your screenshots as .png. Awesome, right?
i hope that helps!
How to “insert” a Mixpod into your Sidebars
1.sign into your mixpod account
2.make a playlist
4.after that you get an option to post your mixpod
5.click “other sites”(to the left)
6.click “more”(to the right)
7.click on wordpress
8.write down your wordpress info
9.(it’ll get published)
10.sign into your wordpress account
11.go to “posts”
12.click “edit” on the most recent post
13.click “HTML”(to the right of visual)
14.copy all the html(the code that shows up)
15.go to “widgets”
16.add a “Text” widget
17.paste the HTML into the widget
18.save the widget
19. it should be published!
hope this helps!
NOTE: This may not work anymore. Lots of users have been unable to insert a Mixpod.
How to Input Pics and Media:
1. Go to the post/page that u want to add the media to
2. After you know where you want to put the media in, near the top, below the title, it says “Add Media”
3. Something will pop up, click Upload Files (directly under Insert Media, to the left), then Select Files and choose the media u want to put in, upload it
4. After it’s loaded, look to the bottom right of the pop-up and click Insert Into Post.
Hope this helps!
How to Hyperlink [add links on] Words On Posts:
2.Go to the post/page you want to add the hyperlink in.
3.Highlight the word you want to add a link to
4.To the right of the page alignments (under Add Contact Form), there are pictures of chains(they should come out after you highlight any word)
6.Insert the URL(website) you want the viewers to be transported to if clicked
You’re done!!(oh, yeah you might want to post or update the post/page)
Extra: When you are inserting the link you want your viewers to be brought to, if you don’t want them to leave your site, where it says “target” change it to “Open link in a new window”
How to “get” a Gravatar
1.Log into your WordPress account
2.Go to My Account(to the upper-left), then scroll down to Edit Profile
3.To your right, you’ll see your current Gravatar
4.To change it, click “Change your Gravatar”
5.Upload your pic
6.Crop your picture(the square with more color will show what your Gravatar will look like
7.Choose a rating(I’m assuming they’ll be appropriate so choose G-general audiences)
8.It should tell you to exit
^ this might not be very accurate cuz i wrote this all from memory(gravatar) and it might take a few min., hours or days ’till your gravatar shows up
How to Add a Xat Chat Box
1) Go find anyone else’s Chat box
2) Click Get a Chat box two times, first on the bottom right hand corner then top left
3) Click WordPress (first button)
4) Type in the info
5) Go to your blog
6) View you newest post (Dashboard >> Posts >> All posts)
7) Go to your newest post
8) Go to html
9) Copy the html, then go to widgets and put it as a text widget.
10) play around with the width to get it to fit your sidebar, if you’re putting it on your sidebar. (in the html it should say something like “height=***; width=***” Make the numbers bigger or smaller. Play around.)
A LOT of steps
~* Eli *~
How to Make a Sticky Post
(a post that stays at the top of your homepage; some themes will feature it)
1. Make the post.
2. Go to your Dashboard > Posts.
3. Hover over the post you want sticky-ed.
4. Click Quick Edit on the post.
5. Way over to the right, you’ll see ☐ Make this post sticky
6. Check it then Update. Voila!
How to Add Clickable Images for Your Sidebar
-like the “free eCoins” ad on the left of my blog-
1. Make the image. I made mine on Paint lol.
2. Upload it to an online image server. Anywhere where you can get an HTML form of it; I like to use Photobucket. Hover over your image in Photobucket. Copy the HTML.
3. Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets. Add or edit a Text widget. Paste the HTML code.
4. Edit the link. It’ll be the FIRST “a href” code thing. DO NOT EDIT THE 2ND ONE. That’s the one that grabs your image.
FROM: <a href="http://PHOTOBUCKETLINKBLAHBLAH.COM/RANDOMNUMBERSUNIQUEIDWHATEVER> TO: change it to a hyperlink - make it link to your page or post or whatever <a href="https://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/free-e-coins-in-fantage/>
Notice how the link was changed from Photobucket to my post? Save it and you’re done! Check to make sure you hyperlinked it correctly and goes to the correct destination.
The reason why these instructions look weird(some bold) is ‘cuz these are from comments in which i helped other people. (edited it, now fixed)And……
I Hope this Helps!!
I know, I say that a lot